Joseph W. Westbrook Melrose Scholarship
This scholarship annually benefits one Melrose High School student.
History of the Fund
Joseph W. Westbrook began teaching at Melrose High School in 1942, where he demonstrated the significance of giving youth the attention and the resources necessary to succeed in life. Many of his former students say that Dr. Westbrook instilled in them winning attitudes, and without him a college education would not have been possible. In 1993, in an effort to continue the inspiration that Dr. Westbrook started, several of his former students established this fund.
All applicants must:
- be graduating seniors from Melrose High School;
- have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale; and
- submit the Joseph W. Westbrook Melrose Scholarship application form and the required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Joseph W. Westbrook Melrose Scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendation from teachers, clergy, or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities and can attest to your good conduct and character;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
This scholarship is awarded to one student each year. The scholarship award amount will be $1,750.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 3, 2017.