Indian Community of Memphis Scholarship
This scholarship, established by the Indian Community of Memphis, gives back to Memphis by providing aid to students who are in need of financial assistance. Students must be seniors graduating from selected Shelby County High Schools.
All applicants must:
- be graduating seniors at Booker T. Washington, Central, East, Frayser, Kirby, Overton, or Whitehaven High Schools;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university;
- demonstrate financial need; and
- submit the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form and the required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form;
- two-page essay discussing the following topic: Evaluate a significant ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- signed statement at the end of the essay: "I certify that this essay is my original work. Any material from another source is attributed to the author or the source."
- two current letters of recommendation from teachers, clergy, or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
This scholarship may be awarded to multiple students each year. The total amount available to award is $3,500.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 3, 2017.