Harold and Ida Jamison Scholarship
This scholarship provides support to African-American, graduating high school seniors from Booker T. Washington High School and/or Metropolitan Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee.
History of the Fund
This is a memorial scholarship fund in honor of Harold & Ida Jamison, who graduated from Booker T. Washington and were members of Metropolitan Baptist Church. The scholarship is presented to applicants displaying academic excellence, leadership, community service, and financial need. This fund assists applicants in achieving life-long educational goals. This is a one-time scholarship.
All applicants must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a high school graduating senior from Booker T. Washington High School or Metropolitan Baptist Church, Memphis, Tennessee;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- demonstrate financial need as defined by FAFSA guidelines; and
- submit the Harold & Ida Jamison Scholarship application form and required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Harold & Ida Jamison Scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- copy of letter verifying acceptance to an accredited four-year, not-for-profit college or university as a full-time student;
- two current letters of recommendations from teachers, counselors, clergy, or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities;\
- most recent high school transcript;\
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information.
This scholarship is awarded to one student. The scholarship award amount will be approximately $1,500.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 2, 2018.