Stephen Lowe Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship assists Bolton High School students and students who attend Faith Baptist Church in Bartlett.
History of the Fund
This fund memorializes Stephen Wayne Lowe, son of Paul and Sara Lowe, who was involved in a tragic car accident on December 19, 1997. Stephen died on Christmas Eve 1997. Born on November 12, 1980, Stephen was very active at Faith Baptist Church in Bartlett, where he was involved in youth and recreation programs, including basketball and softball. Stephen attended Bolton High School where he played on the freshman, junior varsity, and varsity basketball teams. He was also a member of the Bolton Key Club, a service organization, at the time of his death. Stephen would have graduated in the Bolton Class of 1999.
All applicants must:
- be graduating seniors at Bolton High School OR at Faith Baptist Church in Bartlett;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- participate in extracurricular high school activities;
- be accepted to and plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university in the United States as a full-time student; and
- submit the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form and the required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendation from teachers, clergy, or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills, abilities, and extracurricular activities;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
This scholarship is awarded to one student each year. The scholarship award amount will be $1,950.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 1, 2016.