Kicklighter Family Scholarship
This scholarship provides financial support to graduates of Raleigh-Egypt High School (REHS) who have the interest and drive to pursue higher education, but who may not be able to further their education without financial support.
History of the Fund
The Kicklighter Family Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial support to graduates of REHS to attend the accredited public vocational or technical school, two-year, or four-year college or university of their choice. The scholarship will be a minimum of $1,000 and at least one scholarship will be awarded each year to a qualified graduate of REHS. In addition to current REHS graduates, previous recipients may apply for annual scholarships to assist them in obtaining a college degree (up to four years).
All applicants must:
- be a graduating senior at Raleigh-Egypt High School or a previous recipient of the Kicklighter Family Scholarship;
- be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited public vocational or technical school, two-year, or four-year college or university;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale if you are a graduating senior or have a minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale if you are a previous recipient; and
- submit the Kicklighter Family Scholarship application form and required attachments.
Renewal applicants must contact Vanessa Langston at (901) 722-0032 or vlangston [at] cfgm [dot] org for a renewal application.
A complete application includes:
- completed Kicklighter Family Scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendation from teachers or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities;
- copy of your most recent transcript, which must indicate your cumulative grade point average;
- copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
This scholarship may be awarded to more than one student. Each scholarship award will be approximately $1,000.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 3, 2017.