Constance Butler Goforth Education Fund
The scholarship honors Mrs. Constance Butler Goforth and is awarded to applicants displaying academic excellence, community service, and financial need. A scholarship recipient may reapply up to three times for a total of four awards over four years.
History of the Fund
The Constance Butler Goforth Education Fund was established by Mr. Allen R. Goforth to help students who other might not have the opportunity and want to better their lives through the pursuit of higher education.
During her life, Mrs. Constance Butler Goforth enjoyed helping others. This scholarship was created to continue that good work and to memorialize Mrs. Goforth.
All applicants must:
- be a graduating senior from a high school in Tennessee;
- be a resident of Tennessee and a U.S. citizen;
- be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year college or university as a full time student;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- have volunteer or work experience; and
- submit the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application and required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendations from teachers, counselors, clergy, or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information.
This scholarship is awarded to one student each year. The scholarship award amount will be approximately $1,250.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 2, 2018.