The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis offers a scholarship to one or more outstanding students living in the metropolitan Memphis area who are civically engaged.
All applicants must:
- be involved in the community through volunteer activities with a nonprofit or other community group;
- be graduating high school seniors;
- live in the Memphis metropolitan area;
- be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, two-year, or four-year college or university;
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- demonstrate financial need; and
- submit the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form and required attachments.
A complete application includes:
- completed Community Foundation of Greater Memphis scholarship application form;
- one-page personal statement outlining education or career goals;
- two current letters of recommendation, including one from a nonprofit or community group where the student has a history of volunteer work;
- most recent high school transcript;
- copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores; and a
- copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, OR your College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile.
This scholarship may be awarded to more than one student. Each scholarship award will be approximately $1,250.
Applications for this scholarship are due April 3, 2017.