Nonprofit organizations that co-invest with the Foundation are invited to join us and representatives from Gerber/Taylor Associates, Inc. for an investment briefing to learn more about the management of their funds. You will also learn about performance, the market outlook, and investment choice. The event runs 2:00-3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 24.
Click here to RSVP.
The Community Foundation has a long history of working with local government to improve our area’s neighborhoods, schools, and infrastructure.
Community Foundation/ government partner history
The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis has served as:
- Administrator of the Better Memphis Fund. which pays expungement costs for people convicted of certain nonviolent offenses who have fulfilled all requirements of their sentences.
- Administrator of the Sexual Assault Resource Fund, which enables citizens to help clear the Memphis Police Department's rape kit backlog
- Administrator of the City’s Small Business Revolving Loan Fund, over $2.4 million since 2000
- Partner with HCD, Assisi Foundation, and Community Development Council on Greater Memphis Neighborhoods plan, a comprehensive plan to revitalize our neighborhoods
- Founding partner in Community LIFT and its affiliate, River City Capital
- Fiscal agent for Mayor’s Innovation Delivery Team
- Fiscal agent for the Memphis Police Foundation
- Fiscal agent for the County’s purchase of the Shelby Farms Greenline
- Fiscal agent for Harahan Bridge Trail Project
- $250,000 investor in MCS/SCS Teacher Effectiveness Initiative
- Funder of MCS/SCS Demonstration Garden at Grahamwood School
- Fiscal agent for the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security
Government groups that convene regularly at the Community Foundation
- Shelby County Government, Office of Early Childhood & Youth
- Shelby County Government, Ryan White Program
- Shelby County Pension Task Force
- City of Memphis, Division of Housing & Community Development
- Memphis and Shelby County Division of Planning & Development
- Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- Memphis and Shelby County Office of Sustainability