LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org Intern - Spring 2019
Reports to: WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org Profile Coach
The intern will work with LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org, an online resource that allows discovery of point in time data about the Mid-South community’s issues and the nonprofit organizations working on those issues allowing them to tell their story, fundraise, and increase their visibility.
This position will allow a student to learn and refine a variety of skills including nonprofit management, researching community issues, database management, and data analyses. The intern will assist the Profile Coach in the management of databases to produce data-driven analyses for the MidSouth community. The intern will help support the relationship between the Community Foundation and other area data repositories by providing technical and informational support to the Director of Community Information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review new and renewing nonprofit profiles in WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org to ensure data integrity, best practices, and compliance;
- Report on WHEREweLIVEmidsouth.org and WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth.org databases for analyses, identifying gaps, and conducting data quality assurance;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing an degree in geography, urban planning, anthropology, nonprofit management, business, or other related field;
- Experience developing and/or working with data, databases, and data analyses;
- Strong technical and copy writing capabilities;
- Strong, accurate keyboard and computer skills, familiar with the entire Microsoft Office suite. Strong Excel skills are required;
- Ability to learn new, online technology;
- Customer service background preferred;
- Strong attention to detail required as well as organization skills.
The position pays $1,500 for 15-20 hours per week. Work begins January 2019 and ends May 2019 with an option to renew for the summer.
Email(owilmot [at] cfgm [dot] org) WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth Profile Coach Olivia Wilmot with current résumé and three references.
The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.