The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis is hiring! We seek a receptionist. Please send a cover letter and resume to info [at] cfgm [dot] org ONLY. No phone calls, please.
Reports to: Executive Vice President & COO
The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis has been working to strengthen our community through philanthropy since 1969. The Community Foundation is a place where generous people from diverse backgrounds come together to make our community a better place. Collectively, they have created the largest grantmaker - public or private - in the Memphis area. We fulfill our mission by:
- Developing and managing charitable funds and endowments, offering the highest level of service to donors;
- Actively addressing the needs of the community; and
- Encouraging philanthropy and the growth of charitable resources among individuals, families, businesses, and community institutions.
The Community Foundation has many audiences – donors, professional advisors, nonprofits, students seeking scholarships, and the public in general.
The receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
- Greets and directs visitors to the organization;
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate staff member;
- Coordinates reservations of various meeting rooms, ensures rooms are properly stocked with supplies, and equipment is in working order;
- Takes and retrieves messages for various staff members;
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail and faxes;
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail and courier services;
- Take minutes at quarterly meetings and maintain all records related to board of directors;
- Assists executive staff in preparing and delivering quarterly mailings to board of directors;
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies;
- Coordinates services of outside vendors;
- Stocks and maintains kitchen supplies, including soft drinks, coffee, paper products, etc;
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and mailing;
- Periodically be expected to work at evening donor events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree and at least three years of related experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills – in particular, knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management – and a willingness to learn and ability to master new software programs easily;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and effectively;
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High degree of initiative and responsibility necessary to manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
- High level of organizational skills, self-motivation, and flexibility in changing circumstances;
- Integrity, judgment, and discretion in working with confidential information;
- Ability to take a proactive role in team efforts, promotes cooperation and collaboration between team members, and encourages open communication in multi-disciplinary teams.
Competitive salary, with benefits
Please send a cover letter and resume to info [at] cfgm [dot] org ONLY. No phone calls, please.
The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis is an equal opportunity employer.